Our New Patient Process
We are always excited to meet new patients and families as they start out on their orthodontic journey. We want your first experience at Rouleau Orthodontics to be a fun and informative one. This new patient process will give us ample time to meet, get comfortable with the office and talk at length with the Doctors about what you would like to achieve and what you can expect from your treatment.
30 minute Complimentary Exam
This important 30-minute visit with the doctor will give us thorough insight into your orthodontic needs and a discussion of potential treatment options. You will fill out the necessary paperwork and tell us about your concerns for care. Our team will listen to your concerns and examine your current dental situation.
We will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
If we determine that you are ready for treatment now, Dr. Rouleau will help schedule you to “take records,” which means a time to take photographs, digital impressions and digitial x-rays. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records.
Diagnostic Records Appointment
Often, we can do the records at the first appointment if you feel ready to move forward and if we have the necessary time in our schedule, or we can schedule a time that is more convenient. We will collect all the necessary diagnostic information and so we can put together a detailed, individualized treatment plan for you. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
- Digital impressions with our state of the art iTero® Intraoral scanner- which eliminates the need for the old alginate impressions
- Digital x-rays
- All in the convenience of our office
- Separate fee that can be billed to your dental insurance
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. While we can often answer many general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction. This appointment will cover the following:
- A comprehensive detailed treatment plan that will address all of your concerns
- Any alternative treatment options that may be available for you
- Detailed review of all x-rays taken and their implications
- We will discuss the cost and the many different payment options available to make that cost fit in with your budget
- Your orthodontic insurance benefits
- We will make clear all the next steps as you get started on your journey towards a beautiful and healthy smile
We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take.
This appointment does have a treatment work up fee associated that which will be submitted to your dental insurance. If you wish, this visit can also be done over the phone or via video chat.