Social Distancing Orthodontics!
Snap a smile to get a FREE Virtual Consultation!
Rouleau Orthodontics is now offering virtual consultations for Braces, Invisalign and all other Clear Aligners.
We hope this message finds you doing well and staying healthy. The last three months have been incredibly hard for all members of our community and it was equally hard for us here at Rouleau Orthodontics. Flattening the curve, conserving PPE and keeping our staff and patients safe was the main objective for the closure. It has been hard not being able to treat our cherished patients and we have missed seeing you all while our offices were closed except for emergency/urgent appointments.
Rouleau Orthodontics is starting to see regular non-emergency appointments now. So please call/email the office if you are overdue for your next appointment. However, that does not mean it is business as usual here at the office. We have been busy implementing the recommendations from CDC, OSHA and country health departments to ensure that our patients and staff members are as safe as possible while in our office. COVID-19 is a community-acquired infection, which means anyone could pass it on to staff and patients, even if that person is not showing symptoms. To protect our patients and caregivers, these are the changes that we have made to our office:
Social distancing must be ongoing
- We have altered our scheduling to allow for minimal to no exposure of patients to each other.
- We are spacing out our appointments to minimize patient traffic and allow adequate time for staff to thoroughly sanitize the exam rooms.
- Our waiting room is closed we ask that you wait in your car when you arrive at the office and TEXT or call our office when you arrive. Our phone number, (650)964-6400 can be reached via text message and we will reply when your chair is ready and you may enter the office
- We are continuing to ask patients to come to appointments alone, when possible. Exceptions include small children or patients who require support.
- In line with SIP orders, we are reminding every patient to come in with a face covering of some type.
- Patients who arrive without a face covering will be given a face mask from our supplies.
- Our entire staff will be masked and all staff who is in contact with patients will be wearing face shields
- We also have sneeze guards placed around the reception desk
Covid Screening before and at your appointment
- We screen our staff every morning with temperature and symptoms checks, those with symptoms or fevers are sent home for testing, to protect everyone in the office.
- Our current practice of having patients fill out the symptom screening form the day before to screen for symptoms and exposure will continue to ensure we are not causing undue risk to our staff or other patients
- Upon arrival we will take the patient’s temperature with a non- contact thermometer and review the COVID symptom screening sheet again
- We require you to sanitize your hands when entering our office and we will provide hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- We have always thoroughly cleaned rooms between patient visits, but since the arrival of COVID19, all staff are doing a more detailed cleaning of entire exam rooms between each patient as well as frequent cleaning of common areas.
- We have appropriate cleaning supplies and continue to follow the strictest guidelines for cleaning and sterilization.
- We have also installed multiple medical grade super HEPA filters throughout the office and at each treatment area to keep the air as clean as possible.
- We are limiting all dental “aerosolizing” appointments while other patients are in the office, to reduce overall risk.
- We are offering virtual appointments for initial examinations, check ups, etc. If you would like to schedule a virtual appointment you can email our office or request an appointment on our website, www.rouleauortho.com